- Born and grew up in the Washington, D.C. area, February 7, 1956
- BA Degree in Fine Arts, Guilford College, Greensboro, N.C., 1977. Emphasis on life drawing and art history.
- Professional gardening, grounds keeping, and landscaping, 1978 to 1997
- Studied still life oil painting with Cary Ennis of Los Alamos, N.M. Plein Air workshops with Don Ward and William Scott Jennings through the Scottsdale Artists’ School and workshops with David Leffel:
- One person shows - Canyon Road Fine Art Gallery, Santa Fe, NM, September 2003,2004, 2006, 2007:
- Two Person Show - Canyon Road Fine Art Gallery, Santa Fe, NM, September 2005:
- Winner American Women Artists Exhibition, Peoples’ Choice Award and Award of Merit, June 2004:
- Runner-up Best of Show, American Women Artists. New Signature Member AWA, December 2005: .
- Accepted Participant, Oil Painters of America, 13th, 14th & 15th Annual National Juried Exhibition of Traditional Oils, June 2004, 2005 & 2006.
- Signature Member of Oil Painters of America (OPA)
- Showed in "Virtuosos of OPA" show at Salmagundi Club, New York City, September, 2015.
Wendy comes from a strong family background in the arts. Her father is a professional landscape watercolorist and her stepmother and brother also paint. She has been involved with art since childhood. She began drawing in grade school and took her first oil painting class in high school. Wendy went on to paint and study art in college taking a fine arts degree. In addition to still life paintings Wendy also does some Plein Air landscapes.
All images are copyrighted and the property of the artist